Just out of interest and because I was there for other reasons I went into my city centre today, to see what free wifi zones where about. Wetherspoons and McDonalds carry free Wifi, and more and more zones are opening up in Libraries etc... I was pleased at being able to post pictures/photos while sitting in a Wetherspoons/Mcdonalds, and was quite shocked when I tried my voip service to find that it worked on one hotspot and was good quality.
You will find you have to register and log in via the web to get full use out of them though. It was astonishing that the VOIP worked in Mcdonalds when no STUN server was setup. Anyway had to change my password and account details after trying that on my VOIP account. I have since noticed that FRING, an application you can dload though the OVI store on the mobile has VOIP which can be used presumabley without sending passwords in plaintext to the VOIP service provider, and hopefully will use SSL. Something to check out later.
No comments:
Post a Comment